PortSIP® Knowledge Base
Get tutorials and step-by-step guides
for PortSIP products
Provisioning Aastra 67i Series IP Phones
Legacy phone support has been implemented to allow easy migration from an existing PBX to PortSIP PBX without the need to directly replace all existing IP phones. It is strongly recommended not to intentionally buy these devices new or as a replacement.
1: Download Firmware & Copy to Provisioning Directory
These phones have been tested with PortSIP PBX with the following firmware:
Aastra 6751i - Firmware 126.96.36.1999
Aastra 6753i - Firmware 188.8.131.5205
Aastra 6755i - Firmware 184.108.40.20605
Aastra 6757i - Firmware 220.127.116.1105
Aastra 6730i - Firmware 18.104.22.16805
Aastra 6731i - Firmware 22.214.171.12405
Aastra 6739i - Firmware 126.96.36.19905
Other Firmware version may work with Portsip PBX. It's just we haven't tested yet.
You need to ensure that the phones are running on the listed firmware. To do this:
- Download the appropriate firmware files.
- Find the provisioning folder of your PortSIP PBX Installation – by default it is located in below path:C:/Program Files/PortSIP/PBX/data/provision/out
- Place the hole content of the zip into this folder.
Step 2: Factory Reset the IP Phone
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device, follow below instructions:
1. Press “Setting”
2. Press “Admin Menu (5)” (using default pass: 22222) > “Factory Defaults (4)” > “Restore Defaults.”
3. After the restart, your phone will be successfully reset.
Step 3: Configure the phone in PortSIP PBX
1. Sign in to PortSIP Management Console, from left menu "Call Manager" > "Phones", click the “Add Phone” button and select from the extension list to which the IP phone shall be assigned.
2. After click OK button in previous step, you will be prompted to select the phone model and enter the MAC address of the phone. Once finished, press OK button.
3. Optional settings include the phone’s Time Zone, Phone Web Page Password, Phone Display Language and Codecs. Click "Apply" button to apply the settings.
4. Copy “Provisioning Link” .
Step 4: Set the provisioning link using DHCP Option 66
Now the phone needs to know where to pick up the firmware files and configuration information. The only way to do this is to set option 66 in your DHCP server.
Follow this guide to configure your DHCP 66 server and paste the provisioning link that you copied in previous step.