PortSIP PBX v12.6.3 offers a new feature that stores recording data to the AWS 3 to protect your data and reduce costs.
Dec 07, 2021 – PortSIP, the developer of next-generation unified communications resolution, announced the launch of PortSIP PBX v12.6.3 for both Windows and Linux Docker.
v12.6.3 is a minor update that focuses on improving security and stability.
Changes for Release v12.6.3
- SSv2, v3, TLS 1.0, 1.1 have been disabled
- For the blind transfer and picked ringing call, combine the CDR and recording file into a single record
- Add a custom option "no external recording" to stop call recording when a call is made between two external numbers.
- Add a custom option called "www-authentication" that allows the PBX to use the wwwauthentication mechanism
- The call hold status is no longer displayed on the Web Portal
- For Android, fix the crash bug with push notifications
- In the HA deployment, fix the bug where the WebRTC client has no voice
- The WebSocket Interface (WSI) now allows a subscriber to subscribe from multiple locations
- When a queue/group member receives a call from a ring group/queue, add the queuenumber/group number to the Remote-Party-ID and P-Asserted-Identity headers
- Enhance High Availability, voice will no longer be interrupted if the master server is unavailable
- Fix the bug the caller will no longer hear the MOH if the callee repeats hold/unhold the call a few times
- Fix the bug of /api/comm_message/update and /api/comm_message/list
- Fix the bug that for long time running, the PBX stopped to send the email notification
Please read the PortSIP PBX v12.6 User guide to upgrade!